Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service or SENDIASS is a confidential and impartial support and advice service for parents, carers and children and young people (aged up to 25 years) on issues to do with special educational needs and disabilities.
- a telephone helpline service
- information and support for parents, carers, children and young people
- written information about Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- information sessions for parents and carers
- training for professional staff and school governors
- access to an independent supporter where appropriate.
How we help you
- Listen to your views and concerns.
- Work with you to explore your options.
- Prepare for meetings.
- Build up your confidence to share your views.
- Help with forms, letters and reports.
- Explain your rights in relation to SEN and disability.
- Work in partnership with schools and the local authority to develop positive relationships.
For more information email email@example.com or call 01753 787693.