Slough Borough Council is beginning the phased process of safely welcoming residents back to our libraries. All four main libraries – The Curve, Britwell, Cippenham and Langley – are now partially open for our new Click and Collect service from 10am - 4pm, Monday to Friday. At the moment they are not open for browsing or for using public computers as we maintain strict COVID safety measures.
Britwell Community Hub is also open from today; customers are now able to book an appointment to see a Customer Service Advisor at the Hub. Should you require an appointment – you can call our Call Centre on 01753 475111 and select from the relevant options below;
Queue/Service Telephone Option
Housing Benefits Option 2 - 1
Council Tax Option 2 – 2
Housing Services Option 3
School Admissions Option 4
Other Services/General Option 7
The service is currently operating an appointment service only and you may not be seen if you do not have an appointment.
The current operating hours for Britwell Community Hub are;
Monday – 9am to 5pm
Tuesday – 9am to 5pm
Wednesday – 9am to 5pm
Thursday - 10am to 5pm
Friday – 9am to 4.45pm
To use Slough Libraries Click and Collect service, all you need to do to receive a selection of books chosen by our local library staff, is either fill in a form which can be found on this link https://slough.spydus.co.uk/ or email Clickandcollect@slough.gov.uk or telephone your library:
The Curve: Email: Library@slough.gov.uk Tel: 01753 875533
Britwell: Email: BritDesk.BritDesk@slough.gov.uk Tel: 01753 522869
Cippenham: Email: CippDesk.CippDesk@slough.gov.uk Tel: 01628 661745
Langley: Email: LangDesk.LangDesk@slough.gov.uk Tel: 01753 542153
• Let us know what sort of books you like – thrillers, fiction, non-fiction – travel, biographies, children’s – picture books, teenage – this will help us to give you a selection of books available in our libraries as opposed to having a particular title or author which may not be available
• Let us know whether you prefer paperback, hardback, large print
• Let us know how many books you would like. We can choose up to 10 for you.
• Let us know what library you would like to collect them from
• We have extended the loan period to 12 weeks and their will be no fines at this time.
We will find your books, issue them to you, put them in a bag and add a sticker with your name on. We will then call or email you with a date and a timeslot that is suitable for you or a named person to come and pick them up. We ask you to try to come within your timeslot but if you are early or late we will do our best to get your books safely to you.
Returning your books
You can come to any of our libraries to return your books. There will be a container at the entrance to the library where you can place them. Any returned books will be placed in quarantine for 72 hours. You can renew your books in the normal way – online or by telephone or use our library app. Issue and renewal dates have been extended to 12 weeks and there will be no fines during this period. To help ensure social distancing, the numbers of users allowed inside each library at any one time will be limited to pick up your click and collect books, so it may be necessary to queue outside the library for safety reasons at busy times.
Cllr Balvinder S Bains, cabinet member for inclusive growth and skills, said: “It’s great news that our main libraries and Britwell Community Hub are partially reopening on an appointment basis to continue to provide a great service for our residents in difficult times.”
We are introducing comprehensive safety and social distancing measures in our libraries including Britwell Community Hub. These include:
• Rigorous cleaning in our libraries and hand sanitiser provided at library entrances
• Limiting the number of customers in our libraries at any one time and only for Click and Collect bookings
• Clear signs asking you to observe social distancing
• Separating returned items from the rest of the stock for 72 hours in line with Public Health England advice
• Reducing the amount of contact needed. Services which require close contact such as events and activities have already moved online.
We will still have our full online offer of events and activities on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram You can still use our e-resources to download books, and courses, use the BorrowBox app to browse, borrow and read or listen to ebooks and audio books. You can also get free courses, tutorials and language courses from our online reference library We also have our library app available if you download the Spydus mobile app and select Slough Libraries and Culture.