Alterations & adaptions

If you live in a council property, you should not make any alterations to it yourself, or through a builder, without first getting the written permission of the council. If you undertake alterations without the authority of the council, you may be told to remove the changes and restore the property to its former condition. If you have carried out structural alterations without permission and without the necessary building control approvals, this could prove to be very expensive.

Adaptations for disabilities

If you need adaptations made to your home because you have a disability, then the council may be able to carry out the necessary adaptations for you, or move you to a property that already has suitable adaptations made to it.

Please contact your housing officer for further details.

If you live in private rented accommodation or own your own home the council may still be able to help, contact adult social care on 01753 690421or e-mail:

You may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) - see Adapting or improving your home.

Contact us

Contact Housing Services

01753 475111

Housing Services
Slough Borough Council
Observatory House
25 Windsor Road
Slough, SL1 2EL