Skip permits

To place a skip on the public highway (this includes the carriageway, footway and verge) you will need a permit from the Streetworks team. Skip permits are only issued to Skip Hire companies who are registered with Slough Borough Council. We do this to make sure that the company has the correct insurance and complies with our guidelines and safety regulations. Skip permits are issued for 14 days, renewals can be requested for 7 days.

Please note that if you hire a skip, it is your responsibility to ensure that it has been authorised. To check this or to get further information on registered skip hire companies contact us on 01753 475111 or email

If you would like to register your business as a skip hire company, please contact us on 01753 475111 or email