Your green bin is for your garden waste only. No carrier bags or bin liners.
Yes, put it in
Put items in loose.
- Grass cuttings.
- Bark, twigs and small branches.
- Hedge and shrub trimmings.
- Cut flowers, small plants and weeds.
No, leave it out
If your green bin contains any of the following, it may not be emptied.
- Black sacks, plastic bags or bin liners.
- Large branches, logs and stumps*.
- Invasive plants i.e. Japanese knotweed.
- Soil or turf*.
- Stone, concrete, timber or builder or DIY waste*.
- Glass, plastic bottles, paper or cardboard (use your red bin).
- Plastics i.e. pots and tubs*.
- Kitchen, food or pet waste.
- General refuse.
* You can take these items to the Household Waste Recycling Centre.
How to apply
Information on the green bin service can be found on the garden waste page.