Please see our coronavirus pages for the latest guidance, how services are affected, and what help is available.

Make an appeal

What can I do if I think the amount of Housing Benefit is wrong?

Please check the details of your award on the notification letter which detailed the amount of your entitlement. If you think we have made a mistake or you disagree with the decision you can ask us to explain the decision by phoning, writing or visiting us.

If you think the decision is wrong you have one month from the date of the letter to request a reconsideration. You must clearly state why you think the decision is wrong. Once your ‘request for reconsideration’ has been looked at by the benefits service they will contact you to advise you of the decision.

If we agree with our original decision you have one month from the date of the letter to lodge an appeal. Your appeal must be in writing (not by telephone) clearly stating what you are appealing against and must be signed by you.

Contact us

Contact Benefits form

01753 475111
Monday 9am-5pm
Tuesday 9am-5pm
Wednesday 10am-5pm
Thursday 9am-5pm
Friday 9am-4.45pm
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

In person
Community Hubs

By email
If you contact the team via email: please include your account reference number in the subject line.